To truly experience the country, a trip through Italy should combine seeing the classic grand sights with an exploration of the culture, traditions and, of course, the food of the land of La Dolce Vita. Messenger Travel can help you turn what would be a great trip into an incomparable experience.
- Arrive in Rome for 6 nights at the Westin Excelsior, a top hotel located on the classic Via Veneto, close to all the city’s sights.
- Visit the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel with a private guide. See the Colosseum and Roman Forum with an expert historian. Take a tour of the city’s Trastevere and Jewish Ghetto districts, seeing the truly local areas.
- Take a ride round the city in a classic Italian Fiat 500, seeing major sights along with little-known ones.
- Spend an afternoon learning classic Italian dishes with a cooking class led by an expert chef.
- Travel by car or high-speed train to Florence.
Florence & Tuscany
- Check in at the Hotel Savoy for 3 nights, staying in the centre of the city close to all the major sights, in this high-class hotel.
- Visit the Uffizi Gallery on a private tour with an art historian. Get early access to the Accademia to see David, the masterpiece of Michelangelo. Tour the Duomo, including the top of the dome with a private guide.
- Take a day to visit the leaning tower in Pisa and the grand cathedral in Siena.
- Travel into the Tuscany region for 4 nights, staying at Hotel La Fontanelle, a country villa perfect for relaxing and unwinding from the city.
- Visit a Chianti vineyard and winery, tasting the best of Italian wines and enjoying a traditional dinner.
- Visit the hill-towns of Montepulciano and San Gimignano, with small town life and fantastic medieval architecture.
- Travel by car or high-speed train (from Florence) to Naples and the Amalfi Coast.
Naples & the Amalfi Coast
- Spend 4 nights at the Hotel Buca di Bacco, a gem of Italy’s 1950s and 60’s La Dolce Vita age, and still as elegant as ever.
- Visit Sorrento, and experience a Neapolitan pizza cooking class with a top chef.
- Take a morning trip to Pompeii with an expert guide, and an afternoon’s hike up Mount Vesuvius, Europe’s only active mainland volcano.
- Take a private boat charter to Capri, and experience the island’s opulent charm. Afterwards, stop in the waters of the Bay of Naples for a lazy late afternoon on the deck.
- Spend time wandering the towns of the Amalfi coast, tasting the local delicacies and sampling delicious, local limoncello.
- Return by car or high-speed train to Rome for return flights.