Italian cuisine is known and loved the whole world over. In Italy itself however, there is no such thing as Italian food. Each region has it’s own specialties, from Florentine Steak to Neapolitan Pizza. So for all food lovers, Messenger Travel can send you on a culinary adventure of discovery across the country.
- Arrive in Rome for 4 nights at the Inn at the Roman Forum, a small hotel in the authentic Monti district, just a stone’s throw from the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
- Experience Rome’s food scene with a food tour of local delicatessens, bakeries and markets – with tastings at each stop.
- Enjoy a cooking class with a local chef, learning the secrets of great Roman dishes such as Carbonara and Al’Amatriciana.
- Dinner reservations at some of Rome’s best restaurants each night.
- High-speed train or a short flight to Venice.
- Spend 3 nights at the Hotel Papadopoli Venezia, a relaxing hotel in the centre of the city.
- Take a tour of Venetian cafe’s, food shops, bakeries and markets, discovering the unique mix of eastern spices and western traditions in this former trading hotspot.
- Learn how to cook traditional dishes at a Venetian cooking class with a top chef.
- Dinner reservations at some of Venice’s best restaurants each night.
- Travel to Florence by private car or high-speed train.
Florence & Tuscany
- Arrive in Florence to spend 3 nights at the Westin Excelsior Hotel, situated alongside the River Arno, close to all the major sights.
- Gain the knowledge of a Florentine chef in a cooking class, learning what’s behind great local dishes.
- Take a tour of the city’s markets, butchers and bakeries, sampling Florence’s specialties.
- Dinner reservations at Florence’s top restaurants each night.
- Travel into the countryside to spend 3 nights at the Castello di Velona, a medieval castle, set amongst vineyards and olive groves, with it’s own winery.
- Take a tour of a local vineyard and winery, sampling some of the region’s best wines and food.
- Perfect your rustic cooking skills with a cooking class in local cuisine.
- Travel to Naples by high-speed train or a short flight
Naples & The Amalfi Coast
- Check in for 4 nights at the Hotel Bellevue Syrene 1820 in Sorrento, a beautiful hotel with fantastic views across the bay of Naples.
- Take a short trip to Naples for a tour of the local markets, pizzerias and bakeries, sampling some of Italy’s best food.
- Learn how to make the perfect pizza at a Sorrento pizza cooking class with one of the region’s top pizzaiolas.
- Sample some of Italy’s greatest creations with a tour of a Limoncello distillery and a cheese factory.
- Return to Rome for flights home.