The traditional travels of the European elite in the 18th and 19th centuries was ‘The Grand Tour’, taking in the grandest sights of Europe and, above all, Italy. You can follow in their footsteps, with travels to Florence, Venice, Rome and the Neapolitan coast.
- Arrive in Florence, staying 4 nights in old-world luxury at the Hotel St. Regis. Situated on the banks of the River Arno, this top-end establishment is just a short walk from the centre of the city and offers elegant rooms and suites.
- See Michelangelo’s David without the crowds on an early access tour of the Accademia. Visit the Uffizi Gallery on a private tour with an expert guide. Climb the Duomo for a spectacular view of the city.
- Spend a day wine tasting in Chianti, taking a private tour of a winery and sampling some of Italy’s greatest produce.
- Take a trip to Pisa to see the famous leaning tower.
- Travel by private car or high-speed train to Venice.
- Arrive in Venice from Florence, spending 3 nights at the Hotel Danieli – a sumptuous and classic Venetian Palazzo.
- Experience a romantic evening Gondola ride, being serenaded by a traditional Gondolier. Take a private tour of the Doge’s Palace, accessing areas closed to the general public. Visit Saint Mark’s Basilica, a Byzantine influenced wonder. Stroll through the winding streets, taking in Ponte Rialto and Piazza San Marco.
- Take a half-day private tour to Murano and Burano islands, where artisans craft exquisite glass and lace treasures before your eyes.
- Spend an evening at the opera in the famous La Fenice opera house.
- Travel by high-speed train or take a short flight to Rome.
- Arrive in Rome to spend 5 nights at the Intercontinental Hotel De La Ville, situated at the top of the Spanish Steps with an incredible view of the city’s domes and rooftops.
- Stroll through the city streets with a private guide, seeing the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon and more. Visit the Vatican on a private tour with an expert art historian. See the Colosseum and Roman Forum with an archaeologist as a private guide.
- Have an evening ride through the city in a classic Fiat 500, seeing classic sights and lesser-known marvels.
- Travel by private car or high-speed train to Naples and the Amalfi Coast.
Naples and the Amalfi Coast
- Arrive in Sorrento, staying at the Grand Hotel Cocumella for 4 nights, with elegant rooms and incredible views over the Bay of Naples.
- Spend a day on the waters of the bay with a private boat charter, complete with skipper and drinks.
- Visit Pompeii with an expert historian for a private tour of the ancient city. Take a trip to the island of Capri for a day of sampling the luxurious tastes of the island, and seeing the astounding Blue Cave.
- Visit the small towns of Positano, Ravello and Amalfi along the stunning Amalfi Coast.
- Travel by private car or high speed train to Rome for you return flight.